Monday, May 17, 2010

My Inner Strength...

From May 2010 in Washington DC...a Poem...titled "Another Chance" from the upcoming Mill City Press Release by Brian Hayes

Another Chance

As the flight takes hold
I am lifted…on high
I gaze at the heavens
And ask the Lord why

I’ve been given this chance
In my mind…I do see
That the one that I need
Stands right beside me

Her love is of the essence
And my being…forever true
I look to her heart
For the reasons…I knew

I sit and ask
Do you feel this for me
We talk about life…
And the loss…that will be

The light shines bright
And heaven fills the sky
I look to her strength
And softly…I cry

I know I am close
The time…I can see
What lies just ahead
She will…always be

The one I adore
And hold in my dream
Of heaven on earth…
Or so… it would seem

Brian Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment