Wednesday, May 5, 2010

From April 2010 in Washington DC...a Poem...titled "I Watched Them Grow" ... from the upcoming book of poetry by Brian Hayes

I Watched Them Grow..

I carried them in my arms
And held them…
Oh so tight

I watched them grow
And become young men
In the early morning light

They are my salvation
My being…
And all…that’s true

But with the passing
Of my time
Their life begins…anew

I look at them...
And to the future
Held right before their eyes

As they follow on
The path placed out
Full of wonder…and surprise

Mistakes were made
And lessons…learned
But in…the very end

To watch them grow
Beside me now
My life…they comprehend

They understand its meaning
And the things
I said...and do

As I slowly start
To slip away…
My love...they always knew

Brian Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment