Monday, May 24, 2010







From 2004...and modified May 2010 in Washington DC...a Poem...titled "Thoughts for Today" ... from the upcoming book by Brian Hayes

A Thought for Today was a poem written in 2004 when I started to seriously consider poetry as a means of expressing what was going on in my life and what I was seeing around me. As I look back from where I sit today I see the elements that caused these lines to be placed onto paper back then reverberate today. It is as relevant for me now as it was then.

I have completed over 25 poems for inclusion in the book which is tentatively titled “Reflections of a Soldier’s Story...Through the Eyes of Poetry. I hope you enjoy it!

Thank You


Thoughts for Today

She made me laugh
I made her cry
What for am I to do
I loved her so…each and everyday
That our hearts beat true and true

And on that day… so long ago
We promised…never be alone
She stole my heart and kept it close
From that...I’ve truly grown

Her love was unconditional
For me…like none before
She knew of what I could provide her
Forever…more and more

From that moment...I loved her so
And always…I would say
You meant the absolute world to me
For this…I stop and pray…

That as time goes by…it heals most things
So I ask you for this thought
Keep me ever close in your mind
And forever…within your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment